The following MBTA Routes serve Harvard Square. The CGIS South building is located on Cambridge Street, between Prescott and Felton Streets.
• Red Line Subway
• Bus Route #1 (Massachusetts Avenue)
• Bus Route #66 (Brighton, Allston, Brookline)
• Bus Route #69 (Lechmere Station. Stops in front of CGIS)
• Bus Route #71 (Watertown)
• Bus Route #72 (Huron Avenue via Concord Avenue)
• Bus Route #73 (Waverley Square via Trapelo Road)
• Bus Route #74/75 (Belmont Center)
• Bus Route #77 (Arlington Heights)
• Bus Route #78 (Arlmont Village)
• Bus Route #86 (Cleveland Circle)
• Bus Route #96 (Medford via Davis Square)
In addition, Harvard's M2 shuttle offers service between Harvard Yard and the Longwood Medical Area. Service is free to holders of Harvard student, officer, and staff ID cards. Others may purchase tickets. See the M2 shuttle home page for details.
Bike racks are located on either side of CGIS South. Please do not lock your bikes to the small trees around the CGIS complex.
Parking in Harvard Square can be difficult during business hours. There are metered parking spots on both Cambridge Street and Broadway.
You may purchase a one-day visitor's pass for $9.00 to park in the Broadway Garage, which is the closest parking garage to the CGIS complex. The Broadway Garage is located on Felton Street, at the corner of Broadway. Please contact the University Parking Office to obtain a parking permit. It is not possible to buy a permit for same-day parking. Availability is limited.
From I-90 (Massachusetts Turnpike) East
1. Take the Cambridge/Allston exit (#18). Keep right after the toll plaza.
2. Go straight over the River Street Bridge.
3. Immediately make a left turn onto Memorial Drive.
4. At the third light, turn right onto JFK Street.
5. JFK Street becomes Massachusetts Avenue/ MA 2A W.
6. Turn slight right onto Cambridge Street.
From Massachusetts Avenue or Route 2A West
1. Cross Harvard Bridge and follow Massachusetts Avenue (Route 2A West) for 1.5 miles.
2. Turn slight right onto Cambridge Street.
From Route 2 East
1. Follow signs for Route 2 East as you approach Cambridge and bear right onto the Alewife Brook Parkway. Pass the Alewife MBTA Station on the right.
2. Continue over the bridge, pass the Fresh Pond Mall on the left.
3. Follow signs for Route 2 East to Boston.
4. Watch for and take a left turn onto Memorial Drive (Route 2 East).
5. Stay on Memorial Drive to the Anderson Bridge.
6. Turn left onto JFK Street.
7. JFK Street becomes Massachusetts Avenue/ MA 2A W.
8. Turn slight right onto Cambridge Street.