Harvard Asia Center Student Grants for Southeast Asia
These grants support projects on topics that look at the countries of Southeast Asia either individually or comparatively and/or Southeast Asian language study. Please note that research and study must be done in Southeast Asia. Grants are open to students that will be returning to Harvard for at least one semester following the funded activity. Students must be in good standing at the time of funding.
Students must apply specifically to one or more of the grants listed here by indicating the name of the fund in the attached checklist (please note any special requirements or conditions):
Asia Center Philippines Fund (Project must take place in the Philippines.)
Jeffrey Cheah Travel Fund for Southeast Asia Studies (Projects must be primarily focused on Malaysia, or include a complementary stop in Malaysia where the Sunway Group of Companies would host the recipient at their facilities.)
Thai Studies Fund (Project must take place in Thailand.)
William E. Braden 1941 Travel Fund (Preference is given to students in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences who have not previously traveled to Southeast Asia.)
Application deadlines are:
- Monday, February 6, 2017 for UNDERGRADUATE summer grants.
- Friday, February 10, 2017 for GRADUATE summer grants.
Apply via CARAT at https://apps2.registrar.fas.harvard.edu/carat/
In addition to the CARAT application, required materials are:
- AC Southeast Asia Grant Application Checklist (Attached on this page)
- 1-2 page statement of purpose
- Transcript (online grade report is acceptable)
- 1 letter of recommendation (for winter recess grants, email to email@example.com)