Asia Center Group Travel Grants for Students
The Asia Center offers travel grants for students participating in group trips to Southeast Asia for research and/or service during winter or summer. Trips must include a significant educational component for participants. Grants will ordinarily not exceed $750 per student. Grants are made to individual students and are not transferable to others in the group. All Asia Center grant recipients must be in good standing at the time of the award. Please note that there is no guarantee that all individual applicants participating in a group application will receive funding.
Groups do not need to be formally recognized student organizations.
Monday, February 3, 2020
• Trip description including:
- Information on partner organizations
- A detailed itinerary (including scheduled meetings with partner organizations)
- Detailed explanation of the participant application and selection process
- Specific academic, professional, and/or personal goals for each group member
Letter of faculty support from a Harvard faculty member who is familiar with
the program and the partner organizations, and who has been consulted throughout
the planning process
transcript for each applicant
• C.V./Resumé for each applicant
All application materials should be submitted as one PDF directly to Julie Story at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*A group representative is required to meet with Asia Center staff regarding trip details (including pre-departure requirements) prior to application submission. Contact Julie Story at email@example.com to set up an appointment.*