Asia Center Group Travel Grants for Students
The Asia Center offers travel grants for students participating in group trips to Southeast Asia for research and/or service during winter or summer. Trips must include a significant educational component for participants. Grants will typically cover airfare for each student traveling, and they are made to individual students and are not transferable to others in the group. All Asia Center grant recipients must be in good standing at the time of the award. Please note that there is no guarantee that all individual applicants participating in a group application will receive funding.
Groups do not need to be formally recognized student organizations.
Please contact Julie Story (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
• Trip description including:
- Information on partner organizations
- A detailed itinerary (including scheduled meetings with partner organizations)
- A budget for all anticipated expenses including airfare
- Detailed explanation of the participant application and selection process
- Specific academic, professional, and/or personal goals for each group member
Letter of faculty support from a Harvard faculty member who is familiar with
the program and the partner organizations, and who has been consulted throughout
the planning process
transcript for each applicant
• C.V./Resumé for each applicant
All application materials should be submitted as one PDF directly to Julie Story at email@example.com.
Please see the Harvard Travel Guidance website for information about the region(s) you plan to visit.
*A group representative is required to meet with Asia Center staff regarding trip details (including pre-departure requirements) prior to application submission. Contact Julie Story at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.*